Positive Discipline is a program designed to teach young people to become responsible, respectful and resourceful members of their communities. Based on the best selling Positive Discipline books by Dr. Jane Nelsen, it teaches important social and life skills in a manner that is deeply respectful and encouraging for both children and adults.
The official positive discipline website: http://www.positivediscipline.com
- You are welcome to join the PDA group on the new social networking site, Ning. There are various groups of PD practitioners and lots of good information and questions are shared here. Membership is completely optional. To sign up go to http://positivedisciplinenning.com/main/authorization/signup. Please be sure to join the PD Canada group. This a good place to find out about workshops.
- Jane Nelsen's website, www.positivediscipline.com, is a terrific resource. You can go on and sign-up to receive the newsletter Jane produces or listen to podcasts and more! Find out about classes on the Positive Discipline Association website at www. Postivediscipline.org.
Here is a link to the Vlog feed://vimeo.com/user23221440/videos/rss with helpful tools
Here are some great YouTube videos:
- website (loads of videos) https://www.youtube.com/user/PositiveDiscipline
- introduction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8_6Vmgcjk
- how to demonstrate all your love to a family bringing home new baby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDvujaPEKY&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8&index=2
- How to get your children to listen in 90 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C7Fxc6LbeU&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8&index=3
- how to get control of your classroom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5GBYjH_v8&index=4&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8
- How to avoid power struggles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8_6Vmgcjk&index=5&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8
- Positive discipline A-Z https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxjZQIygcc&index=6&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8
- "Brain in the palm of your hand" activity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmdnamW_208&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8&index=7
- Positive discipline for Teenagers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNxf8Cl3KM&index=9&list=PL7C0F9576938874D8
Caring for Kids website: http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/tips_for_positive_discipline